Amy's Daily Planner


Wed. Dec. 17th: Sofie's Girl Scout meeting was cancelled- I officially volunteered to be a 'helper' so they wouldn't have to cancel anymore when the leader is sick- my Dad is driving to Bowie today to attend Maddie's prayer group at her school- tonight is DateNight- YAY!!!
XOXOXOXO
Amy

Friday, November 21, 2008

WYATT'S FIRST DEER HUNT!!

I took Wyatt on his first deer hunting trip this past weekend. We had a blast! We left the house at 4:00 a.m. When when we got to DEER KAMP, we woke Blake, my cousin, so he could put on his skirt! We saw 8-9 deer about 60-70 yrds away. It was just a little too early to shoot. The law says you can't shoot 30 mins b4 sun up, or 30 mins after sunset. Anyway, we sat super still. Just trying to blend in and NOT move. I am SSSOOOO proud of Wyatt. He was so disciplined. Long story short...the wind blows right b4 sun up. I knew it was going to be at our back, and it was! They smelled us but couldn't see us. So they casually drifted off to the woods on the other property. It's not ALWAYS about the shooting or the killing, it's about the hunt! It's about spending time with someone you love and care about and sharing the outdoors! I had the privilege, two weeks in a row, to share those special times with two of my three boys. I had the opportunity to share these lessons, and love of the outdoors with them, just as my Dad did with me. It's a legacy I feel we all have the obligation to pass on to the next generation. There is already WAY too much disrespect for Mother Nature out there. What we instill in them now, will hopefully change a small, or large, part of this. Pick up your trash, follow the rules and don't take(kill) anything you don't need(to eat). And LOVE nature! Those are the words I can still hear my Dad saying to me. Chance had a b-day(Nov. 14th) and just wanted cammo. That was after his 1st hunt. I am very elated, proud and overwhelmed with what the outdoors can do for our youth! Take a child hunting or fishing. Enjoy the memories, as well as the lessons, that will be shared forever!

Love and Happiness,
Mark

p.s.
Madison asked me this evening, if I could take her hunting next weekend! I tried to use my pokerface to hide my excitement! My plan is working!!!!
CARRY ON!



No comments: