Amy's Daily Planner


Wed. Dec. 17th: Sofie's Girl Scout meeting was cancelled- I officially volunteered to be a 'helper' so they wouldn't have to cancel anymore when the leader is sick- my Dad is driving to Bowie today to attend Maddie's prayer group at her school- tonight is DateNight- YAY!!!
XOXOXOXO
Amy

Monday, June 9, 2008

Father's Day camping trip...

What a fun weekend we had!!! Mark, the boys, and I went to the Brazos River and I stayed in a tent all night for the first time in my life. Mark packed for the whole trip, bought the food, got an air-mattress for me, and all I did was get in the truck Saturday morning. (Thank you Mark)!!! We set up camp, and then played in the river all day. We were completely primitive all weekend. No running water, no electricity, no toilet (except the bucket over a hole in the ground Mark made), I just peed in the river, and thank goodness I never had to do a #2 :), TMI, I'm so sorry... We made burgers over a fire that the boys made with wood they gathered and SAWED- they were delicious- and then I showed the boys how to make banana smores- they LOVED them!!! The guys played cards while I laid in the tent looking up at the stars... Sunday morning we made another fire, and had instant cappacino, then Mark made us breakfast burritos- AMAZINGLY GOOD!!! We set off in our canoes at 9:30 and away we go!!! The owner told us the winds were up to 26 miles-hr, and that we probably wouldn't make it down-stream- so 2 hrs in, we had only traveled 1 mile and 3/4- the wind was so strong at that point , we were paddling as hard as we could and were moving backwards!!! So funny- we turned around and went back. It still took us 2 hrs to get back- the water had white-caps- very strange in a river to see THAT!!! But we had a blast stopping and swimming- we had a picnic on a bank- played with and caught minnows in my bare hands with a pringle for bait!!! Will have more pics soon- from the waterproof camera Mark bought- these few pics are from my phone... I recommend this trip to everyone- it's really beautiful- and if not windy- you wouldn't have to paddle that much- its a 5-7 hr trip to get the 11 miles down river, and a shuttle takes you back to your car.




No comments: