Amy's Daily Planner


Wed. Dec. 17th: Sofie's Girl Scout meeting was cancelled- I officially volunteered to be a 'helper' so they wouldn't have to cancel anymore when the leader is sick- my Dad is driving to Bowie today to attend Maddie's prayer group at her school- tonight is DateNight- YAY!!!
XOXOXOXO
Amy

Saturday, August 9, 2008

We are in shock......

With all the blood tests Mark had, I asked the doc to go ahead and test his cholesterol. Mark has never had it done, and I knew that it would be high. When he's working, he eats horribly- biscuits and gravy with hash browns, two eggs- then for snacks he has fried pies, chips, french fries... cheeseburgers, ice cream- just really BAD stuff on a daily basis- and Mark's dad had an 80% blockage of the main artery to his heart at age 45 - (we read that in his autopsy report)- so I knew Mark's cholesterol was going to be high- but when I heard how high- I almost had a panic attack- triglycerides are high anywhere over 200- MARK'S ARE.......917!!!!!!!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! He is a walking time bomb- so ..... we have been in complete shock the last 2 days- so sad- scared- taken aback- I've been trying really hard not to harp on the subject- Mark is in disbelief- thought he was invincible- as we all do, until something like this gives us the wake-up call we needed... so starting today- my morning runs will be an addition to the evening 'brisk' walks and bike riding Mark and the whole family will begin together... his lunchbox will be full of apples, oranges, bananas- not fried pies and hot fries. He goes to the doc again on Wed. for a follow-up and to begin his meds to help bring this monster under control. On the bright side- his colon problems are almost resolved. Eating well and no more blood or diarrhea... thanks to everyone who prayed for us- I love you all my sweet family...


XOXOXOXO
Amy

No comments: