Amy's Daily Planner


Wed. Dec. 17th: Sofie's Girl Scout meeting was cancelled- I officially volunteered to be a 'helper' so they wouldn't have to cancel anymore when the leader is sick- my Dad is driving to Bowie today to attend Maddie's prayer group at her school- tonight is DateNight- YAY!!!
XOXOXOXO
Amy

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Kitchen remodel- Phase 1....

Okay- I love my new back splash!!! I DID THIS!!! It is a copper/verdigris finish that is made to look exactly like the old tin-tiles that used to go on ceilings. It's made by Armstrong, and comes in 24x18 in. panels, and you just cut it with these heavy-duty scissors, and glue it up with construction glue- and when the glue hardens, it feels like tin!!! Amazing- never needs painting, it's waterproof, and I think it's gorgeous!! My kitchen already feels so much more warm and cozy. Phase 2 is the cabinets. Mark has already started taking them down- all we are doing is sanding, painting, and giving the hardware a new paint-job!!! I'm leaving one of the upper doors off- so I can display my really pretty dishes. Phase 3 will be the counter tops- I have something very special in mind- can't wait!!! I am going to have a brand-new kitchen- and we are doing it so cheap- but it's going to look like a million bucks! ( I hope...) ~wink~wink~ Painting this weekend- if anyone wants to join in the fun!!!






1 comment:

Andrea "The H family" said...

WOW girl! LOVE YOUR BACKSPLASH. However, I'm confused? One picture looks like a pearl tin and the other more of a mustard color? Which is it? Both? Or was it the lighting? Looking good either way!
So fuN!
WTG on the musical instrument fun. I loved band when I was little. It's very good for children's souls! I hope Luke learns to play an instrument!
Hugs!