Amy's Daily Planner


Wed. Dec. 17th: Sofie's Girl Scout meeting was cancelled- I officially volunteered to be a 'helper' so they wouldn't have to cancel anymore when the leader is sick- my Dad is driving to Bowie today to attend Maddie's prayer group at her school- tonight is DateNight- YAY!!!
XOXOXOXO
Amy

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Family update...

Well Sofie's little thumb is almost back to normal. She's not wearing the splint anymore, and the bruising has almost disappeared- she was such a trooper!! Maddie's track-meet Tuesday was AMAZING!!! It was in Bowie, so the whole family got to go! Mad placed 2nd in the 100-meter dash- right behind a 6-ft-long-legged girl!!! (Mad is 4ft 11in) Then in the 800 relay; her team place 1st- Maddie was 2nd leg, and flew passed the girl in front and was so far out front the rest couldn't ever catch up!!! I just get so excited watching her run- I ran track in middle school, and I never won anything!!! She gets her speed from Mamu I guess. They got second in the 400 relay; and the whole time Victoria & Sofie are having their own races with their little friends, it's just so cute!!! I think Sofie will surpass Madison's abilities in sports- she just has that speed, and drive in her - she is so very competitive!!! Victoria's little legs just can't seem to get going that quick- I think it has something to do with all of us carrying her when she was a baby, and not walking until age 15 months!!! She looks like a little orangutan when she runs!!!! Good thing she can't read this yet :) Mark & I are just working as much as we can; we spent ALOT of money on Spring Break (not 1 regret though), and the house & yard-work takes up alot of time as well. Our yard, flowerbeds, & trees had been neglected for many years, but it's coming together... Paige is having a hard time staying focused in her last semester of high-school, and it's driving us batty!!! She finally got her driver's license, and is working on getting her car running- it needs a new battery, and a tune-up, maybe tires, and a new head (whatever that may be)- Her grades have been under par- and I'm kinda worried she may not even graduate, so we haven't even ordered graduation announcements yet... we just keep praying for her, and trying not to yell at her too much, but DANG!!! She is 18-yrs-old; it's very , very, hard raising someone else's teenager (well she's my teenager now) and I am proud to be raising her- but it is hard. She wasn't taught about saving money, the value of money, planning for the future; things she would've known if she had been mine all along; she didn't know how to balance a checkbook. So please pray for Paige (& us) to get through this... I love her dearly, and that keeps me from strangling her in her sleep!! ~wink~ Just kidding- don't call CPS on me- she is 18 remember?!

No comments: