Amy's Daily Planner


Wed. Dec. 17th: Sofie's Girl Scout meeting was cancelled- I officially volunteered to be a 'helper' so they wouldn't have to cancel anymore when the leader is sick- my Dad is driving to Bowie today to attend Maddie's prayer group at her school- tonight is DateNight- YAY!!!
XOXOXOXO
Amy

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Amazed by Madison...

I just had to blog about my precious Madison- she truly blew me away last night. She was on the phone, and I heard her saying over and over, "Jesus loves you, I love you, and I am praying for you, don't give up." This went on for awhile, and after she got off the phone she told me that it was one of her best friends. She talks about her often because she worries about her. The girl's father went to prison a few months ago, then her house burned down; and she is living in a small trailer with an aunt, an uncle, grandparents- there are 11 people in that thing- and she sleeps on the floor. Madison went into her room and took about 10 shirts out of her closet- she put them in a box with some lotions, bath beads- she made her a card that she let me read- it was so touching and uplifting- I helped her wrap it all up with a big bow... I hugged and kissed my beautiful daughter- told her how proud I am to have her- how tender-hearted she is- how she is being such a great friend and that her prayers for this friend are a true gift. I am just so humbled by her - and feel truly blessed to have all we have- a beautiful home, healthy children, healthy marriage, christian love, fellowship and prayer daily with our children and their friends, great careers- it was Christmas come early for me... Thank you Madison for your gift to your friend and for touching my heart- that's better than any gift you could ever buy... I love you baby.

XOXOXOX
Mommy

1 comment:

Andrea "The H family" said...

I'm so touched Madison. Only God can whew your heart like that. I'm so touched by reading this honey.