Amy's Daily Planner


Wed. Dec. 17th: Sofie's Girl Scout meeting was cancelled- I officially volunteered to be a 'helper' so they wouldn't have to cancel anymore when the leader is sick- my Dad is driving to Bowie today to attend Maddie's prayer group at her school- tonight is DateNight- YAY!!!
XOXOXOXO
Amy

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

6 days left...

I can't believe Christmas is so close... My shopping is 95% done!! Wasn't too awfully hard- when you have 7 kids to buy for- you can't buy that much!!! Mark & I made a promise to each other to wait until Valentine's Day to exchange gifts!! I thought that was a good plan- with the new house - vet bills- Mark taking time off to recover from the wisdom teeth drama- it just really adds up quick!!! So this year- we just buy for the kids- that's' IT! Everyone else will get a card with our picture on it- and I think that should suffice- you all understand- right? I do feel a bit guilty not getting the girls more toys- but they didn't really ask for much- and they like books more anyway- so that makes it easy... They are so sweet- they would rather me read to them, or sit and play a puzzle or board game with them, than play with toys. Christmas Eve I am going to let them make gingerbread cookies- and sugar-cookies -in every shape imaginable!!! The house will be a wreck- but who cares!!?? We are going to have fun-dammit! And then hot chocolate by the fire- It sounds like a fairy-tale doesn't it- I'll probably be guzzling wine half-way through the ginger-bread dough ~wink~ I will be sure and post pics of our day!!! Anyone wanna join in the fun- come on over!!! byob ;)

1 comment:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Girl! I want to come make cookies! Sounds like so much fun honey. I honestly thought the same thing this year. I was at Target thinking...Jon has what he wants, Luke has everything..why do we buy? I just want fun traditions like making cookies, hanging out with hot choco!
Your children will cherish this night sweetie. Gonna miss you on Christmas! We are hanging out at mom's this year. (I didn't want to clean and get the house ready)
My peepee issues wiped me out this year.
Big hugs babe!
Christmas card coming!