Amy's Daily Planner


Wed. Dec. 17th: Sofie's Girl Scout meeting was cancelled- I officially volunteered to be a 'helper' so they wouldn't have to cancel anymore when the leader is sick- my Dad is driving to Bowie today to attend Maddie's prayer group at her school- tonight is DateNight- YAY!!!
XOXOXOXO
Amy

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I thought I was done with 2 a.m. feedings...

Well I came home Monday afternoon, and checked on the pups- SKIN & BONES!!! They were starving to death- Crystal must not be making enough milk- a. Chihuahua's usually have 3 pups at the most, b. she must still be in some sort of shock, c. she is on steroids and antibiotics. It was so sad- Mark ran to the store and found some puppy formula and we force-fed them with a medicine dropper. They had absolutely no muscle tone, or energy. We lost the runt yesterday morning. But, the good news- the others have gained some weight back, they are attacking the medicine dropper when we feed them now, and they are constantly nursing from Crystal, too. So I don't know if she's making milk or not, but we are taking turns getting up to feed our new babies, and hopefully they will pull through. They are as small as hamsters- skinny ones that is. Crystal is able to stand now- though very weak and wobbly. She has control of her bladder and bowels. Her front paws still curl under when she stands- probably from the lack of oxygen, or spinal cord injury, but she is eating a little better everyday. She is just being such a good little momma. My parrot, JiJi, is so jealous of the attention I'm showing the pups- she flies to my shoulder every time I get close to them. The girls all started softball practice last week, and that is keeping us so busy. Each one practicing 2 times weekly- alot of juggling right now. I'm getting tired. Sofie's birthday is Friday, and I completely FORGOT about it (don't tell her please ~wink~)- we have to throw her a party on Saturday- no time for invitations, so just come at 2 if you can!!!
x0x0x0x0x
Amy

1 comment:

Andrea "The H family" said...

oh girl....you must be so tired. I feel so badly for your sweet dog. I'm so glad your feeding the pups. Happy Bday Sophie!
Love you,
A